Schwäbisch Hall, GERMANY, October 2019 – International Conference with Company Exhibition and Excursion – Progress in Biomethane-Mobility
Individual mobility is heading towards a major turning point:
- Rising gasoline prices
- Increasing limitations of certain engine types in urban areas
- High pressure on emissions caused by petrol and diesel engines
These issues are challenging traditional mobility solutions at an ever increasing rate, provoking the following questions:
- Where are we heading with combustion engine vehicles?
- Is the shift towards electronic vehicles really the solution to our challenges in terms of emissions and high fuel prices?
- Are we not simply moving our emission challenges towards other industry sectors – away from the fossil industry and towards the exploitation of rare earth elements?
Luckily, there is something that we can do already now that takes advantage of classic combustion engines as a very established technology, removes the majority of particle emissions, allows us to reduce our CO2-impact on the atmosphere … And is way more economical compared to classic gasoline prices.
Plus: if we do it right, it’s even possible to do it with 100% renewable fuel – already today. Of course we’re talking about biomethane as a vehicle fuel.
In fact, a lot of European cities are already running their public transportation buses on CNG or biomethane, e.g. Linköping (Sweden) or Verona (Italy).
To shed some light on the opportunities and challenges of a biomethane-based mobility, where this biomethane can be produced and which mobility concepts already showcase sustainable alternatives to the fossil-based convention, the international conference “Progress in Biomethane Mobility” will take place from 15th to 17th of October 2019, in Schwäbisch Hall, Germany.
During this event, 35 specialists from 9 different countries will present current trends, concepts, technologies and innovations to a specific national and international audience. Dr. Attila Kovács, ERGaR Secretary General, will give a Keynote in the event.
All further information is available on the event website.