Being a member of ERGaR has various benefits. It allows an organization to be up-to-date on the details on European initiatives related to biomethane certification. Moreover, it provides the the opportunity to interact in a forum with the entire value chain, from national registries, to gas DSOs/TSOs, traders as well as other trade associations and stakeholders in the biomethane market. Additionally, ERGaR is a recognized voice of the industry towards the European Institutions, being consulted and contributing on a regular basis to EU policy-making alone or in coalition with other organisations.
Some of the concrete membership benefits include:
- Bi-monthly working group meetings with regular updates and exchanging experiences
- Monthly newsletter with relevant policy updates
- ERGaR training on renewable gas certification
- Webinars on specific topics such as hydrogen certification or ETS
- Access to country library
- Networking events at General Assembly and others to meet traders, biogas associations and registries
- Development of statistical report
- Able to contribute to input to EU decision makers
The process of joining ERGaR is straightforward and fairly fast. All stakeholders in the biomethane certification supply chain can become an ERGaR member. National renewable gas registries, TSOs, DSOs and biogas associations can become a full member and all other stakeholders such as traders or consulting companies can become an associated member. Interested members need to apply by sending a letter of intent.
To submit an application or to schedule a meeting to discuss the membership opportunities contact us via email@example.com